Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Council Tax advice

Council Tax bills have been sent to residents for 2020/21. We have a statutory responsibility to collect Council Tax which is used to help fund both the District Council’s services and the services provided by Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottinghamshire Police and Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue.

You must continue to pay your Council Tax if you are able to do so. 

Ways to pay your Council Tax

The easiest way to pay is through our online payments system by debit or credit card. 

For those who usually pay at the Post Office or PayPoint outlet we know that this may not be possible at this time. If you can't pay online by Direct Debit or by debit or credit card you can do so by:

  • telephone: (Freephone) 0800 090 2223. 

If you pay by Direct Debit this payment will be taken automatically from your bank accounts from April onwards.  

Council Tax Support

If your income has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for some help towards your Council Tax from our Local Council Tax Support Scheme.

Council Tax Hardship Funding (Discretionary Relief) – additional support for Council Tax payers

The Government has provided Council Tax Hardship funding to enable us to give additional financial support to all working age residents who qualify for Council Tax Support, and who may or may not have been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.

During the financial year 2020/21, we will provide all current and new working age claimants of Council Tax Support (‘LCTS’) with a further reduction in their council tax bill of up to £150. Residents do not need to contact us to claim this Council Tax reduction - the additional amount will be awarded automatically and a new revised Council Tax bill will be issued.

If you do not qualify for any Council Tax Support towards your Council Tax payments and you find that you are unable to pay then contact us. We may be able to offer an amended payment plan to help you whilst you are experiencing financial difficulties.

Contact us by: