You can get rid of batteries at our collection points at:
- our council offices in Kirkby in Ashfield, Sutton in Ashfield and Hucknall
- Festival Hall, Lammas, Hucknall and Selston leisure centres
- Selston and Jacksdale community centres.
Some supermarkets and petrol stations may also have collection points.
Reducing waste batteries
We need to help the environment by sending less to landfill. You can reduce the number of batteries you use by:
- using rechargeable batteries - you can even use a solar-powered charger
- buy things that use rechargeable energy - wind-up torch or radio, dynamo bike lights, or solar-powered garden lights
- plug anything you can into the mains rather than use a battery.