PSPO J27 M1
On 26 April 2018 Full Council authorised a new Public Space Protection Order (PSPO). The Order came into force on 4 May 2018 and shall have effect for a period of 3 years, unless extended by further orders under Ashfield District Council’s statutory powers.
The Order relates to the area surrounding Junction 27 of the M1 Motorway and A611 with specific roads/carriageways subject to restriction.
The Order prohibits car cruise events where motor vehicles congregate and any of the following activities occur:
- Motor vehicles are driven at excessive speed or accelerated aggressively
- Motor vehicles are raced against one another
- Stunts are performed in motor vehicles
- Music is played on equipment installed in a motor vehicle which is audible outside the vehicle; or
- Motor vehicles are driven in convoy, whether side by side or in single file
- Sounding horns (so as to cause public nuisance)
- Congregating to spectate the above activities.
So as to cause any of the following:
- Excessive noise
- Danger to other road users
- A risk of injury to any person
- A risk of damage to property
- Causing obstruction on a public highway, or publicly accessible place, or private land, whether moving or stationary.
Prohibition includes participating in a car cruise event either as a driver, or passenger of a vehicle within the area designated in the Public Spaces Protection Order.
A person who is guilty of an offence under this Order shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.